Tauntauns were bi-pedal beings that roamed the icy caves and plains of Hoth. They were the main source of food for the Wampas, who also dwelled in the planet's ice caves. They had fur which kept them moderately warm. Their white fur helped them to blend in with the snow and they were quite fast, this helped them to escape from the Wampas.
Star Wars: Battlefront seriesEdit
In Star Wars: Battlefront and Star Wars: Battlefront II tauntauns are animals that the Rebels use for transportation on Hoth. Unfortunately, you can't shoot from them while riding. In the first battlefront game they are easily killed along with the rider. In Battlefront II they can be used for quick transportation and hit and run attacks.
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Star Wars: Force Commander
- Star Wars: Galaxies
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy